by Marcus D Gonzales
Top Ten List of Best Advice
5. Please, DO NOT take an 8AM class!
6. Get your sleep. 7-8 hours of sleep is recommended to maintain a healthy mind and body. Do not sacrifice your health for your grades. What good is a degree if you were miserable in the process of earning it? Which leads me to my next tip…
7. AVOID 8AM classes!
8. Communicate effectively. Need help? Ask. Simple as that. Just be courteous and professional when asking for it.
9. Okay, I guess it’s alright to take the occasional 8AM class, but only if it is absolutely necessary and there is no way to avoid it. Be sure you are a “morning person” and that you place an emphasis on hygiene. No one likes sitting next to someone with morning breath or B.O.
10. I saved the best for last! Most importantly, HAVE FUN! You only have 4 years in college. (Well, more than that if you choose to pursue a graduate or professional degree, but let’s be honest, you won’t have time for fun then.) Make time for spending time with friends! Go out! Have a movie night! Go watch our Red Raiders play! Explore Lubbock, or just campus itself! Take a road trip! These are supposed to be the best years of your life—make them so! I have already made some great memories with lifelong friends during my short time here! These people you will meet, your fellow Terrys, they will become more than your friends—they will become family!